Progesterone pills to Induce Period
10 Replies
tiggerpounce418 - April 22

I'm moving this question to this board since it wasn't answered on a different board.

My dr has me on progesterone pills, since I missed my period. The rx says take 1 pill for 10 days. I had to do this once before, a long time ago, and I think I remember something about only having to take them until the period comes. Is that right? Or should I continue taking it for the full 10 days, even after I get my period. I haven't gotten it yet. Today is day 4. Thanks.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 22

Typically, you will have a flow about 3 to 5 days after your last pill.

Aly Jo - May 2

I took two pills a day for 5 days and then about three days later I got my period. When can I start trying to conceive again?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 2

We would expect a flow about 3 to 5 days after your last Provera pill.

tiggerpounce418 - May 3

What could be the cause of not getting a period after completing 10-days on Progesterone pills (1x/day). It is now 5-days after the last pill. I still do not have my period. ???

michelle - May 17

I went to the doctor today and got perscribed the pills. he said you take them for the full time and 1 to 2 days afterwards you are supposed to get your period. hope this helps! ???

tiggerpounce418 - May 17

I got my period 6 days after the 10th pill.

Monica - May 30

Hi! My doctor prescribed me to take Provera(10mg) once a day for 10 days. I started taking it Day 17 from my first day of menses. It has been only my 8th day and I already have my period. Please help me. Am so worried. I know am supposed to have my menses 3-5 days after taking the last Provera pill. How is this possible? Is there anything else wrong with me? This is my first time to take Provera. Thanks.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 30

There is nothing to worry about. Provera usually will start a flow about 3 to 5 days after your last pill. If you were going to have a flow anyway, Provera may not prevent it.
Good luck.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - June 10

Provera, the "progesterone" pill you were given, generally causes a menstrual flow about 3 to 5 days after the last pill.

tiggerpounce418 - June 10

Took me 10 days after the last pill.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?