Post IVF symptons almost 2mth after meds
1 Replies
joebob - September 6

Dear Dr Jacobs

I have been on the other board and please be patient as I am not great at using message boards. Dr Smith advised me to post you a message as he couldn't help.

Basically a brief run down I am 27 had an ectopic pregancy which was mis diagnosed caused rupture lost 6.5 pints of blood. Advised hysterctomy sought second opinon had surgery to help with adhesions and endo. Then did an IVF cycle begining of June. Stopped taking medication around about the 20th and did pregancy test on the 12 Aug which was negative.

I went back to the clinic last tuesday as I still have pains and very large breasts and big stomach ... they did a scan and told me that my ovaries were larger than golf balls and that my womb lining was strange and that I had fluid in there however, I was not pregant .. they told me this was strange and odd. There conclusion was to sit it out however, looking and feeling as if I am pregant is driving me mad. I feel nausea and if I do anything like hoover I get pains, there answer to the large breast was not to touch them as this will increase there size!

Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated.

kind regards

Joebob

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - September 6

It would be most unusual to have a false negative pregnancy test, so I doubt that pregnancy is the cause of your symptoms. It is not unusual to have residual ovatian cysts in your ovaries after IVF. They can secrete estrogens and progestins, causing some of your symptoms. I do not know what kind of "funny" you are talking about with regards to your endometrium. You own physician is in a far better position to answer your questions.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?