Post Embryo Transfer Question
3 Replies
gabywany - May 10

Yesterday I had a 3 5-day blastocysts embryos transferred and was a bit discouraged because while the dr. was transferring the embryos he commented that I had lots of fibroids and that that could make implantation difficult.

I just don't understand why they didn't notice that before while I was in treatment. Should I question the RE or should I just wait and see what happens.

Would this really affect my chances of becoming pregnant and the fact that I have stage 3 endo? Please advise.

Barry Jacobs, M.D. - May 10

The size and location of the fibroids probably played a role in the decision about removing your fibroids. Removing the ones immediatly under the surface of the endometrium apparently improves pregnancy rates. Removing the ones in the wall of the uterus apparently does not improve pregnancy rates. A heroic operation to remove multiple large fibroids may impair uterine function.
Good luck.

gabywany - May 13

I appreciate your response, but I haven't had any surgery. I was just asking if it would be more difficult for me the embryos to implant because of the fibroids & endo issues?

Thanks, a response would be appreciated.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 13

Yes, but surgery may not help.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?