positive test and bleeding
1 Replies
jenno - April 25

I am curious about your take on my situation. I was scheduled to have my blood drawn for a beta level tomorrow (8dp fet) but I started bleeding this morning so my RE had me go in today. My level was 18 with my progesterone at 21. I was happy with the beta but I am very concerned because I have been bleeding (pretty heavy and bright red) all day. I am not cramping much and really just feeling some minor discomfort on and off. Normally I am living on Ibuprofin for the first few days of my period. My RE had me go from taking oral Prometrium 100mg BID to injections BID. He also had me go to the ER around 3pm for a 1cc injection of progesterone. What are your thoughts?

Barry jacobs, M. D. - April 25

A single hCG determination is not as valuable as you would like. It should be repeated in 48 hours, and the level should at least doouble. I am happy to see a progesterone of at least 20 ng/ml. I do not know why you are cramping and bleeding. It is possible you will lose the pregnancy, but is also possible the pregnancy will be just fine.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?