Please lend me some advice.
4 Replies
Tanya1231 - April 5

I am 31 years old. I have a 10 and 12 year old. I had a tubal ligation years ago. I want to have another child and am attempting IVF. My FSH is 11.9 at 3 days. Estradiol 37 at 3 days. 4 antral follicles. One cancelled cycle. My RE says I have poor ovarian reserve. Am I wasting my money in even attempting another cycle? Is this uncommon? Are my chances of success very poor? We are common people who do not have alot of money. We are paying for everything out of pocket and actually took out a loan to pay for this. I just want someone to be realistic with me because I cannot afford to shell out thoufsands for something that probably isn't going to work. Please, please, please tell me what you think.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 5

from your description, you do have poor ovarian reserve. Two of the 3 parameters I measure for ovarian reserve apr not good. If you feel strongly that you want another pregnancy and child with your husband, you would have a better chance of success using an egg donor.
Good luck.

Tanya1231 - April 5

I would like to have a child that is biologically ours. Is that very unlikely?

Tanya1231 - April 5

What are the success rates of 31yr olds with poor ovarian reserve?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - April 6

I have no data for 31 year old women with poor ovarian reserve. All the data I know regarding poor ovarian reserve are related to women in their late 30' and early 40's. By then, age of eggs is also an issue.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?