Please help Dr. Jacobs
0 Replies
sarahpalms - May 21

Dr. Jacobs,

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for over 2 years. We recently went through with fertility testing. Everything seems to be just fine with me. My husband on the other hand had a varicocele surgery, and a biopsy of the testes was taken. The results came back, he was diagnosed with Non Obstructive Azoospermia with maturation arrest, the doctor did say the condition had to do with a Y chromosome abnormality. The urologist did not fully explain what this meant except that there was nothing that he could do to treat the condition. He did express to us that my husband was producing sperm, but it was only reaching the second stage of development. He suggested that we try to find a fertility clinic that could do ICSI and IVF using secondary spermocytes(my husbands). We have not found one yet, only found clinics that will help in choosing a sperm donor. We are not ready to give up on using our own sperm just yet, but are we fighting a battle that cannot be won? Are there fertility treatments for people that have our issues? Everything I have read about ICSI says this is likely not going to help us.I contacted a professor at the at the State University of New York, who told me about a procedure called ROSI or ROSNI (round spermatid nuclei injection). The professor did mention that this is a very controversial practice. I have not found very much info on the procedure except that it is being tested on mice, and a few procedures have taken place in the middle east? I am very confused and overwhelmed with the whole situation. We want to have children but are unsure if there is any hope for us! Do you have any info that can help? I hope I have provided you with enough information to help us.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?