PGD is causing embryos arrest
5 Replies
RN052005 - June 6

I am a low repsonder so it has twice now taken 2 stim cycles to get me 9-12 eggs to work with since I do PGD for a gentic marker for choroideremia.
The first time 10 embryos were biopsied. 7 arrested after being biopsied. We put 3 back and I had an ectopic. Moved labs the 2nd time. 7 were biopsied and 5 arrested, cannot put any back this time because the 2 left were affected males. This is a disease that renders the affected one blind so it seems that PGD is necessary. I am flat broke, and no way to get any more financing. I have did 5 stim cycles total with only one transfer. I feel like I have been cheated out of chances to transfer. I know of course that PGD comes with the risk because you are poking a hole in this embryo to remove DNA.
You don't happen to know of any trials or anything that I could apply for. I think I am still in shock right now, my transfer was suppose to be on Wed (2 days ago), I hate living in Indiana, there is no help for us anywhere.
Thanks.
Lisa

Arabsrcool - June 6

Lisa,

I participated in an IVF study ran by my doc in Indianapolis. You can call the office, Midwest Reproductive Medicine at (317)571-1637. Dr. Bopp was the doc in charge of the study and his nurses name is Allison. The study ran $2000 not including ICSI, Cyro or other services. I'm not sure how long the study was going, I had my transfer in February and am pg with a singleton!

Good luck

Ronda

lenlance - June 6

Just wanted to find out if there is a difference on when to start follistim/gonal-f. Do you see better result from cd3 or cd4 especially if doing injectable iui?
thanks in advance

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 7

We start FSH stimulation on nominal day 3. Actually, it may be day 4 or 5 since we have our patients on birth control pills before starting stimulation and stop the pills 1 week before we start stimulation.
Good luck.

RN052005 - June 8

I am a low repsonder so it has twice now taken 2 stim cycles to get me 9-12 eggs to work with since I do PGD for a gentic marker for choroideremia.
The first time 10 embryos were biopsied. 7 arrested after being biopsied. We put 3 back and I had an ectopic. Moved labs the 2nd time. 7 were biopsied and 5 arrested, cannot put any back this time because the 2 left were affected males. This is a disease that renders the affected one blind so it seems that PGD is necessary. I am flat broke, and no way to get any more financing. I have did 5 stim cycles total with only one transfer. I feel like I have been cheated out of chances to transfer. I know of course that PGD comes with the risk because you are poking a hole in this embryo to remove DNA.
You don't happen to know of any trials or anything that I could apply for. I think I am still in shock right now, my transfer was suppose to be on Wed (2 days ago), I hate living in Indiana, there is no help for us anywhere.
Thanks.
Lisa

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 8

I am sorry, but the process of embryo biopsy is nnto investigational. I do not know if there are any drug companies ding clinical trials of new product.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?