period after IUI
1 Replies
wwbwtwins - June 10

Hi Dr. Jacobs

I had an IUI on May 30. It was done to increase the chances of twins, two days before the IUI my RE scheduled me for a follicle aspiration because I had developed too many. That night I did my trigger shot as well. Well just 3 days to me 2weeks were over a/f came. My Questinon is what could have gone wrong, ??? I always took my injections on time as well as my prenatals. On the day of my first blood test my progesterone was 27.4 I'am just soo disappointed and wondering if there was something that I could have done diffrentlly to have improved my chances of twins.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 10

Only a third to half the eggs a woman makes in her life are capable of successful pregnancy. In treating couples who are trying to achieve a pregnancy, we get a pregnancy for about half the couples within 4 cycles of stimulation with FSH, with or without IUI. Actually, aspirating excess follicles has the poteneial to disrupt ovulation of the follicles you want. Finally, a twin pregnancy is actually a high risk pregnancy. Usually they do fine, but the risk of complecations is higher. We accept a twin pregnancy as an acceptable risk, but try fo singletons.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?