Ovulation Question?
1 Replies
wannababy78 - August 19

Dr.Jacobs,

I was supposed to have an IUI this month. I had + OPK on CD 9 so my RE office did a u/s and found 1 follicle measuring 18mm on left and 2 on right measuring 12,14... I had another OPK with a different brand at RE's office and got -. So my RE asked to give the blodd to check the LH and Progestrone numbers to check whether I ovulated or not. The b/w came back as I ovulated. Also my cervix on CD9 was soft and open. I felt twinges and kinda bladder full feeling on CD 8 and CD 9. My RE's nurse told me that the follicle that was 18 MM should have come out. So she asked us to naturally to cover the bases, since it is too late to ovulate.

Is it possible that only one follicle came out and others didn't?

Will the others come out or would become cysts?

Is there any reason for my early ovulation(which I never did in past 3 years)?

Is it possible that my progestrone is high due from the last cycle(I have been using Progestrone supps for last 4 months)

Me and my husband had intercourse on one day before and on the day of + OPK(CD9). The nurse told me to have intercourse on the next day(cd10) of + OPK and the following day and CD (11). We didn't have intercourse on CD10. If I have ovulated on CD 9 then what is the point of having intercourse on CD10? Do we have any chances this cycle?

Thanks for your insight.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 20

The only ways to prove ovulation are to become pregnant or to document follicle rupture using ultrasound. If you actually ovulated, it was the 18 mm follicle. The other 2 were too small. It is also possible that the 18 mm follcle became a luteal cyst, secreting progesterone. Please not that if we retieve eggs in an IVF cycle, before cycle day 12, we obtain very few mature eggs.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?