Ovulation and Ibuprofen
1 Replies
wannababy78 - June 20

Dr.Jacobs, I took clomid 50mg from cycle day 3-7 and 75 mu repronex on cycle day 6 and 8. I had positive on OPK on cycle day 9 and went for u/s which showed 14 follicles ranging from 9-12 and lining with 8mm. The nurse told me if they trigger me then 7 of them are good size to mature so they cancelled my IUI. She told me we could try naturally. She told me start Progestrone from tomorrow. but I don't think I ovulated yet. She also mentioned that since I have too many follicles, my LH surge is positive. I took a OPK yesterday and today and they were negative. Also usually I know when I ovulate by checking cervix position and mild pain which is not the same as usual.Since my follicles were only 9-12mm on Sunday, Should I assume I haven't ovulated yet?

I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and had severe headache and nausea(due to oily food for lunch). I took ibuprofen(100mg). I'm so concerned that it might affect something. Does it affect my ovulation or lining?

Thanks!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 21

Your ibuprofen did not cause a problem. sing Clomid, follicles have to be about 20 mm to be big enough to ovulate. I doubt you ovulated. For more information about ovulation induction and the problems caused by Clomid, I invite you to see our web page at <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?