Overweight and IVF
1 Replies
momma04 - March 22

My husband and I are getting ready to turn to IVF. After 6 yrs of ttc, I had an ectopic pregnancy in my L tube. This has been a devastating time for us. Luckily, I have adopted a child and fostered children whom helped to bring it through.

Now that I have bought my meds, I have heard my chances are slim because I am overweight. Our only issues is obviously tubal issues. My husbands SA count came back at 28.5 million. They said that was borderline low. His morphology and motility was good. I am only 23 so the RE says that is a plua. My SHG came back normal.

My first baseline BW was bad. The RE likes to see your Estrogen levels around 80. Mine were 155. So he has ordered me to take Lupron for a full month. I go back on April 7th.

Could the high estrogen levels be associated with my overweight? What are the chances of conceiving being overweight?

Thanks
Heather

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 22

If your estradiol level was over 70 pg/ml on cycle day 3, you probably already had follicle growth, and lost part of the cohort of follicles potentially available in that cycle. There are data published, which imply that obesity can have a negative effect on fertility and IVF outcome.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?