Orgasm and Embryo transfer
2 Replies
Fizzy363 - July 5

I have posted this on the other area but realise that it may be the wrong place.

I had a 2day embryo transfer on Monday and that night and last night I had orgasms while dreaming :-[

Will this affect my chances? I am figuring that I am not at the stage of implantation yet but am worried that maybe the contractions expelled the embryos?

Thanks.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 5

I am sorry, but I have no data to advise you.
Good luck.

Aimee37 - July 7

This same thing happened to me!! I thought I was alone!!! I posted about 2 weeks ago about this similar experience. I was very embarrassed to have even posted it that I erased it shortly after. lol!) Dr. Jacob sent back a similar response.

Anyway, I had this same thing happen to me while I was sleeping (out of my control) a day after my transfer and than a week later and than 2 weeks later. It was a pleasurable feeling. Each time, my uterus and abdomen area hurt afterwards. I am guessing from the contractions. I woke up in pain each time and than I was aware of what happened.

I was afraid that this might effect implantation or eject the embies, esp since it happened the 2nd day after the transfer.

I did however have a BETA of 80 16dpo and than it dropped to a depressing 55 on 19dpo. :( I am still very depressed and not coping too well.

I spoke (very embarrassing to even bring up) to my RE about these dreams/feelings I was having and she told me that it is because I had alot of hormones pumping thru my system and that it probably did not effect the early miscarriage (failure to implant properly) that I had.
Of course, I am still thinking in the back of my head that this did infact cause my miscarriage. But who knows...it's all a mystery.

I asked her if any other women had similar experiences and she told me that no one expressed this to her. lol! I started to think I was a rare breed. I am glad I do not feel alone now and that someone else brought this up.

Hang in there & I hope this is a successful cycle for you!!! :)

[quote author=Fizzy363 link=board=5;threadid=2631;start=0#21527 date=1152113064]
I have posted this on the other area but realise that it may be the wrong place.

I had a 2day embryo transfer on Monday and that night and last night I had orgasms while dreaming :-[

Will this affect my chances? I am figuring that I am not at the stage of implantation yet but am worried that maybe the contractions expelled the embryos?

Thanks.
[/quote]

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?