One or Two FET
3 Replies
Mandy25 - May 17

Hi Dr,
I had my first single FET 6 weeks ago which ended in miscarriage at 3 weeks, I am now about to go for second FET and my Dr wants to know if I want 1 or 2 embryos transfered. I am unsure what to do as I was pregnant from 1 last time however miscarried. I don't want twins but want to the best chance to stay pregnant this cycle.... (my bro and sister are twins and so is dad who also has another set in his family) Please help!!! I need to know by this arvo....
Mandy

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 18

We typically transfer 2 blastocysts, whether fresh or thawed.
Good luck.

trishwalla - May 18

Dr Jacobs. Curious what you'd recommend in my situation. I have uterine didelphys and therefore can't carry twins. We did our first IVF in April and transferred one blast - it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We're doing our first FET on Saturday. I want to transfer two (they're 6 day blasts) but the doctors at my clinic only want to transfer one. I turn 37 on Monday so am feeling pressure to be aggressive and therefore really want to increase my odds of one taking by putting back two.

If I was your patient what would your recommendation be?

thx!! trish

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 19

Usually we transfer 2 blastocysts into a normal uterus, and we have a 10% to 15% risk of twins. You will not carry a singleton pregnancy all the way to term. It may be wise to transfer only 1. Your altrenative is to use a gestationa carrier.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?