Not responding to estrogen supplementation
1 Replies
ladybug_ag - March 23

I am 38 and had a successful IVF cycle at the age of 34. I have two frozen blasts and am currently doing an FET cycle. Unfortunately, my estrogen levels and lining are not responding to the estrogen patches. After one week on the patches, my levels were only 40.9. After two weeks on the patches, my lining was only 5.7 (still waiting on the estradiol level.)

I have had gastric bypass and do have some loose skin on my belly. I am concerned that perhaps the estrogen is not being absorbed correctly because of the loose skin...or worse yet, that my body has simply become immune to estrogen (POF?). Any ideas? Should I move the patches to another location? How would I know if my body simply can't respond to estrogen anymore?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 23

I typically use a stair step up dosing, increasing the number of estrogen patches to a maximum of 4 and changing the patches everyo other day. After the endometrium is greater than 7 mm thick (preferably at least 8 mm) [ idecrease the dose to 2 patches a day and add progesterone. Blastocyst transfer is on the 3rd progesterone day.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?