No heartbeat
5 Replies
caschere - May 21

HI I wrote you sometime ago. I am from Buenos Aires and have a doughter from natural IVF.
I am now 35 years old FSH 8. During this year I tryed one stimulated IVF , Chem Pg.
This month we did another and first beta (14dp3dt) 306, 2nd beta 1220 (16dp3dt). First u/s 13 days post-transfer yolk sac, no heartbeat. I will repet again one week later.
My RE thinks I am not pg

In that case why I had 2 almost but not pregnancy?
I am also on heparin because of LAC positive, so implantation is not the problem
2)Do you think eggs produced by hormone stimulation could not be good like I had on my NC-IVF first pregnancy?
Regards

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 22

It is not the hormones used to stimulate your ovaries, which produced bad eggs. You were very lucky to achieve an IVF pregnancy without stimulation. Only about 30% of the eggs a woman makes are capable of a successful pregnancy.
Good luck with your future efforts.

caschere - May 24

I went today, 7,2 week of pg, for a new u/s and they saw a 3mm embryo, no hearbeat so RE sayed stopped meds to get AF so miscarriage.
Yes I know I am older than when my doughter´s natutal-IVF. Taking in to account I tryed 2 IVF one chem pg, 2nd miscariage:
Do you think that in my case whith hormone stimulation I could produce oocytes whith genetics desorders while on natural cycle I could produce a better quality oocyte or It´s just the age and bad lucky.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 24

No, it is NOT the hormones. No, spontaneous cycle will NOT produce better eggs. It may produce no eggs, at all.

caschere - May 24

Would you recommend PGD?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 25

PGD is a great idea if you have enough embryos to biopsy and select the good ones. A better idea might be donor egg.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?