Newbie - Curious
1 Replies
cryou1001 - May 21

My husband and I have been TTC for a little over two years, and we just started the diagnosing process at the beginning of this year. I had an HSG done in March that showed both of my tubes blocked. My doctor says that it is a distal blockage and the rest of the tubes look healthy so she will go ahead and try a laparascopy to clear them out. I have searched throughout the internet to find success rates on this procedure, but found nothing. Can you tell me what kind of chance we have going through with a lap?

I realize that all women are different and you don't really know the damage until you get in there, but I am just looking for a ray of hope. If this doesn't prove to be successful, our only other option will be IVF.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 21

Successful pregnancy after distal tubal occlusion and surgery to open the tubes is not only dependent on the skill of the operator, but also the condition of the inside of the tubes. They are almost always damaged. Opening the tubes may increase the risk of a tubal pregnancy. Today, most Reproductive Endocrinologists would recommend IVF for most patients with tubal damage.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?