Narrow Cervix + 5 day transfer
22 Replies
B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 24

Your cyst does not have anything to do with ovarian reserve. I do not know which protocol your RE is going to use for you. There are a few for poor ovarian reserve. Starting on birth control pills first seems to be common to all the protocols I have seen.
Good luck.

Mbre - October 26

Dr. J can you please answer this for me? ;)

1. Can you elaborate on how does pregnancy rate dnot increase with 2 blast but can increase multiple pregnancy?
2. Also I have read that your RE wants a full bladder on transfer day but my RE wanted an empty bladder, and he did not use the u/s but for 3 min out of the 20 min I was on the table, is that normal?

Thanks
Mbre

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 26

Birth control pills will not change what the exisitng cyst does. They may inhibit the formation of a new cyst. Putting in more than 2 blastocysts does not increase pregnancy rates. It does increase the risk of multiple pregnancy. You do not want that.
Good luck.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 28

Birth control pills will not hurt, but will not make your cyst go away faster. It does sound as though you are a poor responder, but I cannot be certain about poor ovarian reserve. there are some women who have follicles who are poor responders. A micor dose flare protocol may help. At the age of 27, I am less worrid about qualit of eggs than if you were older than 37. Although puttting in a third blastocyst will increase your risk of multiple pregnancy, it will probably not improve your chances to become pregnant.
Good luck.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 30

Birth control pills will not hurt anything, but they will not make the cyst go away faster. I am concerned about your being on Lupron for 21 days. That can supress ovarian response to the FSH stimulation. I have my normal reponding IVF patients on Lupron for only 1 week before starting IVF stimulation, and even then, I decrease the dose of Lupron. For my poor responders, I use a microdose flare protocol.
Good luck.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 31

Birth control pills will not hurt anything, but will not make the cyst go away any faster. WE use birth control pills right before an IVF stimulation, because we get better quality eggs tha way. Transferring 3 blastocysts, instead of 2, does not statistically increase yoour chance for a pregnancy. It does increase your risk of multiple pregnancy.
Good luck.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 31

Birth control pills will not make te cyst go awat faster, but may help with quality of eggs in your next cycle. Transferring a 3rd blastocyst does not improve chances of pregnacy, but will increase your odds of multiple pregnancy.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?