Multiple Follicles.
1 Replies
kevinluvsme - October 29

Hi Dr Jacobs,

I have'nt been on the website in over a year! So glad to see that you are still here to offer advice. I truly appreciate it.I have had over 25 m/c's finally I came across a wonderful RE that found that I had a septum in my uterus. I had surgery to repair it on 07/08 I got p/g 10/08 m/c 11/08 got p/g again 12/08 and m/c 4/09 this was the first time I made it past 5-6 without having a m/c. My RE found that I suffered from Chormonitias (I know it's spelled wrong) it was a bacteria infection. Now we are back trying to conceive. I went in for an ultrasound for the nurse to check my follicles after taking Clomid and an HCG shot. I was told I alot of mature follicles I don't remember the exact numbers but they were like 19, 20, 22 and they were on both sides. The nurse said that if I conceive I have a GREAT chance of having multiples and that is recommend to reduce the number of embryos down to two. Does any of this make since? Do I have a strong chance of multiples Thank you so much in advance Dr Jacobs!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 5

Although it is possible to have a multiple pregnancy with 3 follicles big enough to ovulate, fewer than 1/3 of the eggs a woman produces are cpable of a successful pregnancy.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?