missed miscarriage after IVF with PGD
1 Replies
SammyR - January 7

we just did our first IVF with ICSI for MFI. we put back the 1 normal embryo we had after PGD, and it was a good quality blast. my beta was 115 at 17dpER, but slowly doubled. a small 4w1d intrauterine sac was seen on my 6w u/s, so i stopped my progesterone vaginal caps last week.

1) i am wondering, why did this happen? i thought that most early miscarriages occurred due to chromosomal abnormalities. we thought we didn't have and chromosomal problems because we had a normal PGD.

2) my husband has only had SAs done, no testing for fragmentation. i don't know if we should pursue it at this point, because it wouldn't change anything--he is very much opposed to using donor sperm. what are the chances we could get pregnant with IVF if his fragmentation level is high? i am 37, but we are willing to try IVF multiple times.

thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 8

There are a great many probable causes for miscarriage. Chromosome abnormalitry is one. There can also be genetic abnormality which will not be found unless you know a specfic molecular problem and test for that. As far as sperm DNA fragmentation, that will probably cause more of a problem with fertilization and initial embryo developement than miscarriage.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?