Miscarriages/Immunological issues
1 Replies
brenda - August 11

Hi
I have read an article that states the appropriate or most widely endorsed immunological tests for miscarriages are the following:
Reproductive history
Physical Examination
Blood karotyping
Assessment of the uterine lining
Endrometrial biopsy
TSH
Lupus Anticoagulant
Antimicromsomonal thyroid antibiodies
platet count
anticardiolipins
TH1 Embryo Toxic factors.

I have read recently there is alot of research of the protein molecules on the uterine lining that is missing at the time of implantation. Actually some universities are looking at birth control pills that alter this protein molecule.

Is this protein Molecule the same as the TH1 cytokine molecule. why was the original research on the embryo toxicity test invalid.

Also have you heard of a Dr. Daryl Carter in Baltimore who is doing extensive research regarding this TH1 and TH2 imbalance at the time of implantation?

what role if any do you think this th1 and th2 molecules play in the implantation process of ivf outcomes?

I always welcome your thoughts and opinions.
thanks for your valuable information.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - August 11

I cannot speak to the th1 and th2 molecules. There a number of candidates for molecuar adhesion of embryos to endometrium. The only one at this thime that has clinical application is the alpha five beta three integrin. There are an number of other considerationas the role of pinopods of the endometrium. Most are still being investigated and there is no way, outside of a research facility to test for the factors or address a problem related to them. Failed implantation and and miscarriage are 2 different things. I have provided a discussion of evaluation and treatment of recurrent pregnancy loss on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?