Miscarriages
1 Replies
Tiffany F. - April 14

Dr Jacobs, Can you please give me some advice I have one child and I have had several miscarriages, all the miscarriages have happened after the birth of my daughter.

I have had every test you can imagine and they have all come back negative, I had been on Lovenox for 6 months got pregnant and still miscarried.

I have now been switched from Lovenox to Heparin, the Lovenox was 60mg once aday, now the Heparin is 5000ml twice aday could this possible help with the next pregnancy?

What is the difference with Lovenox and Heparin? The Hematologist saw suggested I switch from the Lovenox, they are assuming I form clots in my placenta that would be the reason for all the miscarriages, they have checked all kids of factors, chormosones, cardiolipin levels everything is normal. I am also on 81mg of asprin, folic acid and prenantal.

Any advice will be helpful, Thank You so much

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 14

Without having evaluated you, I cannot give you an explanation for your recurrent pregnancy loss. You may wish to see the information I have provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>. Lovenox is low molecular weight Heparin. The reason I switched from Heparin is that there is a rare but devastating side effect to Heparin. A very few people will lose all ther blood plateletts if given routine Heparin. As a result, there blood will not clot, and they die. If you were going to have this problem, it would probably already be manifest. You are probably OK to use Heparin.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?