Mid-Cycle Spotting?
1 Replies
dawnt73 - October 16

I had a miscarriage on July 23rd. Since, my cycles have been roughly 26 days. I'm not sure when to start counting as I spot for 3 days and then bleed for 3 days and its the same every month. So last night after sex I spotted and it would be day 13 if you count from when I first spot or day 10 if you count from when I actually start to bleed. We are trying to get pregnant, I've never spotted mid-cycle before and I'm very slightly crampy today. I had thicker cervical mucous 3 days ago and we've TTC 5 days ago 2 days ago and yesterday before the spotting. Do you think the cramping and spotting could be implantation bleeding or just middlesmirtz? I'm just very confused because I've never spotted mid cycle. I'm 36 and have 2 children the youngest is 10 so its been awhile since I've TTC. Thank you.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 18

It is not uncommon for women to spot a few days before menstrual flow, but we consider first day of actual flow as first day of the menstrual cycle. As far as spotting aftersex, you may have what is called an ectropion of your cervix. It is a variant of normal, but it is fragile tissue, which can bleed a litttle if disturbed. I am unable to explain your mid cycle discomcort, but it may be either ovulation, or rqapid growth of a follicle, which may, or may not rupture to release the egg.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?