low progesterone
6 Replies
Shannon3016 - September 12

:( I went off of depo in Feb 2006. My OB gave me a shot of progesterone hoping it would bring on my periods sooner. It did I started getting periods in May. I then went several weeks with my periods being every 14days. SO my OB put me on 50mg of clomid. I am on my 2nd round on day 21 my ob checked my progesterone level it was 2.2 which he said was low. He said I should give him a call if I haven't gotten a period this week. It is day 28 of my cycle. Should I take a pregnancy test. I don't feel pregnant. What will my next step be, I don't like the clomid. Any advice?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 13

If you are trying to become pregnant, go see a Reproductive Endocrinologist, not an OB. Second, I have provided as much information as I could think to put on our web site, <www.texasfertility.com> It is meant to try to help people like you.
Good luck.

Shannon3016 - September 13

I've tried to search for an RE in my area and came up unsucessful. I live in WI about 45 minutes north of Green Bay.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 13

I know there are RE's in Madison. Also, you can look for RE's who are members of The American Society for Reproductive Medicine <www.asrm.org>.
Good luck.

Shannon3016 - September 21

I have been doing some research online and was wondering if taking a progesterone cream would help. He increased my clomid to 100 mg's I am supposed to have more blood drawn on the 21st day of my cycle. Last month my progesterone level was 2.2.

Shannon3016 - September 21

Oh I am trying to conceive.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 21

Progesterone cream will not help. Even if you were to use it, the concentration in your circulation would have to be so high, you would need to soak in it for hours. Second, Clomid is not the best product to use, today. It is a very old product. We have much better on the market, today. Please see the information I have provided on our web site, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?