Logic behind injectibles choice?
2 Replies
Thomas37 - May 18

Dr. Jacobs -

We are getting ready to start our first IUI with injectibles after failed rounds with clomid. What factors if any should drive the choice over which injectible to use? Is the type of injectible even important, or is it more about getting the dosage right?

We are concerned, particularly about OHSS, since our clinic seems to use a cookie cutter approach and my wife had six eggs from our last round of 100 mg of clomid. We would like to have a more informed discussion with our RE and would appreciate any education you can offer.

Thanks in advance.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 18

I have not prescribed Clomid in years. It can actually impair fertility in women who are already ovulating. For a number of years, I have used a pure FSH product, gotten a roughly 50% pregnancy rate in 4 treatment cycles, and, so far, have not had a severe hyperstimulation syndrome. I have made our web site, <www.texasfertility.com> as informative as I know how. I hope you find the information you seek, there.
Good luck.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 20

I am sorry for the confusion. Just because I do not prescribe Clomid does not mean it is not prescribed. The OB's prescribe it like water. The information on my web page is meant to be of a general nature. After all, not everyone who reads it can come to me for care. As I am answering questions on the board, my web page is there as a public service.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?