LH drop
5 Replies
Alexa - November 16

Hi Dr. jacobs,

I have a question: I finished up a week of meds on Friday the 10th my Estradiol was at 453 and my LH was at 8, they had me come back on Sunday the 12th for bloods and U/S my Estradiol was at 909 my follicles sizes were 21, 16.5, 15......on Monday the 13th they had me come just for BW my Estradiol went up to 961
but my LH was 3, they triggered me Monday night and I had my IUI yesterday the 15th ...

What could cause my LH to go down I questioned this and they said my progesterone was under 2 and that I hadn't ovulated do you think the 21mm follicle was to large already at the time of trigger and why did my LH go down is it possible I had already ovulated??

Thanks in advance for any advise you can give!
Alexa

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 16

If you were using an FSH product to stimulate your ovaries, the follicles 17 mm average diameter are big enough to ovulate. If you are using Clomid, they have to be 21 mm.
Good luck.

Alexa - November 17

Hi Dr. Jacobs,

Thank you for that information it was very helpful I also wanted to know what you thought about my LH surge on Friday being 8 and Estradiol at 453, then on Monday my LH surge dropped to 3 with my Estradiol at 961 they told me my progesterone was not over 2..what could have made this happen??

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give..

Alexa

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 17

It is not uncommon to have a premature LH surge when stimulating ovaries with exogenous FSH. In IVF cycles, it ruins the eggs. I have no data regarding ovulation induction cycles.
Good luck.

Alexa - November 17

Hi Dr. Jacobs,

I forgot to mention that I was on clomid and then did a trigger shot, could that be the reason for the premature LH surge??

Alexa

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 19

Yes. You do not need to take hCG if you are using Clomid. If you are using Clomid, the use of hCG does not increase pregnancy rates. For moore information, I invite you to read the information provided on our web page, <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?