IVF Protocol
1 Replies
all4ababy - September 14

I just received my protocol for this IVF cycle. I am 30 & have unexplained infertility. All test results are normal. This will be my 3rd IVF. I usually respond well to meds & have approx. 10 follicles. My doctor wants me not to do BCP but to come in on cycle day 21 & start Lupron & then on cycle day 3 w/ my period I will begin 150iu Gonal F & 1 Menopur. Has anyone used Lupron without BCP? What would be the advantage to no BCP? Isn't Menopur usually added in end of cycle & not taken every day from start? Last time when I did Menopur daily I don't think my egg quality was as good, maybe too much LH? Also is that enough Gonal F? Any info. would be greatly appreciated! I

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 15

There are many different protocols for IVF. I usually do not use Menopure, at all. Most programs do use one of the products like Menopure. We find we usually get better quality eggs and embryos if we do use birth control pills before the start of Lupron, but we also recognize that not everyone is the same, and we may have to modify our protocols for certain individuals.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?