IVF drugs cause Hyperthyroid?
2 Replies
KAW - October 16

Hi,
I was preparing to start my 4th IVF and they did blood work and found that I'm having hyperthyroid issues (seeing an endo next week). Anyway, I was wondering if all of the drugs I've taken the last year and a half could have impacted my thyroid function. Thank you for your thoughts. KAW

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 17

No, medications you used for IVF should not effect thyroid function.
Good luck.

rosiem - February 8

That is so weird...your message could have come from me! I was about to have my 4th IVF transfer, and they cancelled the cycle when they discovered I had developed hyperthyroid issues too. I have seen an endo, and I'm scheduled for a thyroid scan (number 2--the first one didn't work b/c they think the IVF drugs blocked the thyroid from uptaking the radioactive iodine). I truly believe that these meds have something to do with it.

[quote author=KAW link=board=5;threadid=4832;start=0#41865 date=1192555887]
Hi,
I was preparing to start my 4th IVF and they did blood work and found that I'm having hyperthyroid issues (seeing an endo next week). Anyway, I was wondering if all of the drugs I've taken the last year and a half could have impacted my thyroid function. Thank you for your thoughts. KAW
[/quote]

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?