IVF canceled
2 Replies
juliam - October 5

Day before retrieval my estrogen level was 5000. My doctor went on and retrieved 20 follicles but canceled the transfer in fear that I may develop OHSS although I feel great. Is it a common practice? Now he wants me to wait 3 more cycles (!!!) before doing frozen embryo transfer. I am 38 and 6 month old and I feel I am running out of time. Is 3 cycles (one without meds, one on contraceptives and last one on meds) is typical in this situation?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 5

Your RE made a wise choice. Since I use medicated cycle for frozen embryo transfer, I have patients on birth control pills for a pack, before I start Lupron followed by estrogen and progesterone. Every program will be a little different, so I cannot comment on the protocol your RE will use.
Good luck.

Aimee37 - October 6

My E2 got even higher & I had 21 eggs retrieved, 18 fertillized & 8 frozen. I have moderate OHSS now and my belly looks like I am 4 months pregnant. But I am pregnant. To me, it is all worth it. My clinic does not cancel if your E2 gets high but they do monitor you closely. I have been to the clinic a couple times already and my ovaries are pretty swollen, like 63cm or more? But personally, I would much rather deal with it physically than to have to bench it.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?