IVF after the Essure Procedure
3 Replies
taymarie4life - September 10

I had the Essure procedure done 2 years ago. My doctor did not inform me that the procedure was irreversible. I talked to my doctor yesterday and she told me that I was the first one at the pratice to have it done and I was not informed of that either before having the procedure done. I looked on the internet under Assure and found no information on the procedure. My doctor informed me that I was misspelling it that it was spelled "Essure" so I looked on the internet today and found so much information on the procedure. If I had seen all this information before I would have never had this procedure done. I am only 28 years old and I would love to have one more child. Have you known of anyone having successfull IVF after the Essure procedure.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - September 10

I have not seen the procedure performed, so I do not know if there are elements of the appliances which extend into the uterine cavity. If there are, I would be concerned about an inflamatory response, which can impair embryo implantation. If there is no inflamation in the endometrium, you may do well with IVF. If there is inflamation, you could use a gestational carrier to carry a fetus created with your eggs and your husband's eggs.
Good luck.

Courtw79 - October 8

I have also been researching the same thing. I am going to be a gestational carrier for someone after i have had the essure procedure. I have been told that this should be no problem. Please let me know if you hear any other information.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - October 8

I am sorry, but I do not know enough about the procedure to have a valid opinion. If there are any parts of the devices in the uterine cavity, it may create a problem for implantation.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?