IVF after laser surgery
3 Replies
lakshmi - February 10

Hello Doctor

I have been diagonised with bilateral hydrosalpinx this jan 06, my laser surgery is scheduled on somewhere around march 2nd week. Can u please tell me when i can go for my IVF procedure after my surgery. Is this surgery is painfull? does it take long time to get normal?Do i need to wait for months to do for my ivf procedure?I already have one healthy male child who is 8 yrs old now.
Since i had one healthy pregnancy in 1998 will my IVF will be successfull.. I am running 30 yrs old now.

regards
lakshmi

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 11

There is always some discomfort afer surgery. Very few of my patients have any significant pain after laparoscopic surgery. There is no way to know if your IVF will be successful. We do know that if you have the hydrosalpinges, your potential for a pregnancy, even with IVF, is very poor.
Good luck.

lakshmi - February 11

Hello Doctor thanks for ur reply
I have read that after the removal of hydrosalpinx thro laproscopic procedure ,IVF is said to be successfull.Is that true? what will be in my case?Very concerned bcos IVF is very expensive procedure.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 11

Removal of hydrosalpinges, by any method, improves IVF success rates. There is never any guarantee of success with anything in medicine. All we can do is optimize our chances of success.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?