iui and exercise
1 Replies
slo - May 26

hi Dr. Jacobs,

I am turning 34 in August and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 31. I do not have the usual outward conditions associated with PCOS and am quite fit, exercise regularly and eat pretty healthy. At any rate, I tried clomyde for 6 cycles and now have been doing the fertility injections including IUI the last two cycles. My question is will exercise adversely affect the IUI treatment. I did ask my dr. and he said that I was okay to continue exercising. However, I have just looked online and noticed that some websites advise not running or playing tennis. What is your opinion? When I exercise I really am exercising and I play on my club tennis team so though social there is a high level of competition. I am about to start a new cycle next week so just want to know if I can still continue with my sports or if I can't do anything for two weeks. Would I be able to do non-impact exercise like on the bike, elliptical, weight training?
Thanks for your advice!
Sarah :D

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 26

Profeesionally trained athletes and professional dancers may exercise too much and interfere with reproductive function, as will someone who is in a starvation state. As long as you are not in training to run a marathon, you are probably OK with light to moderate exercise.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?