IUI ?
3 Replies
prayingforbaby - March 14

My husband and I had our 1st IUI on 03/03/06 and 03/04/06. I had onefollicle that was 21.4mm, had the HCG trigger and our sperm post wash were 200,000 at 80% motility and 100,000 at 65% motility for day 2. I have been on Progesterone suppositories since 7 DPO, due to light spotting.

Considering these numbers is it likely at all that IUI will work for us? Should we go for a 2nd IUI if this one doesn't work. Or are we wasting time and money?

thank you.

Barry Jacobs, M> D. - March 15

From the data I have read, if you do not stimulate ovaries with an FSH product, IUI provides no better pregnancy rate than no treatment, at all. When I do an IUI, I want to inseminate with at least 5 million sperm. Your post wash counts are very low. I do not know if this is do to lab technique, or if you have a serious male factor problem. If the male factor cannot be significantly improved, you may require IVF. For more information, I invite you to see our web site at <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

prayingforbaby - March 15

Thank you Doctor. I was stimualted with Clomid days 3-7 50 mg. we have serious male factor- his last 2 SA were abnormal on all 3 values.
April 2005 count- 12 million, motility- 25%, morph- 9%
Jan 2006 count- 7 million, motility 18%, morph- 2%
Varicocele repair July 2005

would you recommend another IUI or go to IVF?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 15

Please see the information on Clomid, and male factor issues on our web site, <www.texasfertility.com> I do not expect Clomid to provide much benefit. With semen parameeters as you describe, you may require in vitro fertilization (IVF) to inject his sperm into your eggs (ICSI).
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?