Alright, here goes...
LMP: 4-14
+HPT on 5-12
Beta 44 on 5-13
Beta 56 on 5-15Beta 60ish on 5-16 and was given methotrexate injection
Beta 85 on 5-19
Beta 81 on 5-20 and was given methotrexate injection
Beta 9 on 5-24

It is not known whether or not this was an ectopic or just a non-viable pregnancy. I had two trans-vaginal ultrasounds and the second showed a "possible gestational sac". He was not certain if it was or was not. I had a tubal ligation 11 years ago and a tubal reversal surgery 12-08. I have also been through 3 IVF cycles in the past two years. My question is...how long should we wait before TTC after the methotrexate? My docs all are telling me different things...one says after one ovulation, one says now, and one says 3 months. I want to be safe about this but I also do not want to waste time. So...how long would you say and why?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 31

Your hCG level has almost retutned to negative as of 24 May. You relly should not need further treatment for this event.
Good luck.

tanya1231 - May 31

My question is:
How long do we need to wait to TTC? And why?

tanya1231 - June 1

My question is:
How long do we need to wait to TTC and WHY?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 1

You have to wait until the hCG level returns to negative. Your ovaries will not begin to function until then.

tanya1231 - June 1

My HcG levels are at 0 right now. How long do I wait to TTC after having the methotrexate injection?

How long do you have to wait after taking methotrexate for a non-viable pregancy?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 2

If your pituitary gland starts stimulating your ovaries in a normal function, it will be about a month before you have a menstrual flow. If you did not have normal ovulatory function before the pregnancy, there is no way to predict.
Good luck.

Red7 - June 2

Hi Tanya1231 Why did you get a Methotrexate injection? Was the gestastional sac in the uterus or the Tube?

tanya1231 - June 3

I had the injection because I am at a higher risk for ectopic related to the prior surgeries on my tubes and the IVF cycles...A "possible" sac was seen at 5 1/2 weeks but they couldn't really tell if it was or was not and that was seen in my uterus.

My question is how long should we wait to TTC since methotrexate carries the risk of causing birth defects?????

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 3

By the time your ovaries start to function, again, the methotrexate should be long gone.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?