Implanation Query
5 Replies
Anna - May 5

Hi Dr Jacobs

I have had 1 ICSi - no fertilisation, 1 ICSi - 11 fab embryos, I FET. All negative results.

I am about to do another ICSI and take them to blasts (god willing). I will be using either cyclogest or crinone as progesterone support. I have heard of HCG and estradiol being used to help implantation - is this something you would recommend.

Thank you in advance for any advice you may be able to offer me.

Anna

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 5

I give my patients a combination of estrogen patches, progesteron vaginal capsules, and progesterone in oil injections. It may be over kill, but progesterone in oil is still the gold standard, and I am too much of a coward to not use it. As far as embryo transfer, we alwys transfer blastocysts.
Good luck.

Anna - May 7

Thank you very much Dr Jacobs, I will show your reply to my consultant and hope that he gives me the oil injections.

I will keep you updated!

Anna

Anna - May 8

Just to let you know that I got my wish and my consultant is giving me 100mg of gestone daily!

Thanks again for your advice.

Anna ;D

Marie Deborah - May 8

I had 3 frozen embies xfered on Wednesday 5/3/06 and I took a HPT this afteroon. It was a big fat negative! Can I still possibly be pg? My blood test is not scheduled until 5/15 but from my math, if I were to get my period, I would be due on 5/12, so I thought it was okay to test now. ANYthing you could tell me would be so very much appreciated.
Thank you :)

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 8

It is a bit early to expect a positive home pregnancy test to be positive. I would agreee that the time for a pregnancy test would be the 14th or 15th of May.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?