Immune Issue
1 Replies
Red7 - January 13

Dr Berry Jacobs I found out 6 months ago that I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis . The Ultra sound found a cyst on the right side of my Thyroid. and also my Thyroid test conformed it.I keep on having early miscarriages.My Synthroid med is finally working, My enlarged Thyroid has gone down and my Thyroid is at a Normal Level now,It took 6 months for the med to work. Could this be causing my repeated miscarriages . I haven't gotten pregnant yet since the med started to work. But my RE said there is nothing he can do for me except this new cycle is is trying Medrol on me, He said some thing about trying to stop my uterus from rejecting embryos.What is Medrol?He said I have to take 16mg for 10 days, I will have to take 2 days before egg retrieval . Than another 8 days after that. All other test on me and my Husband are good except for the Thyroid problem.Since I have a immune issue is the Medrol a good thing to take?My RE said I can't even do Donor egg because my body might reject them to , So he is trying this to see what happens first.What about Medrol? Do you think I could have a chance with it working on me? Thank You.

B. Jacobs, M. D. - January 14

Medrol is a steroid, which interfers with the body's immune response. It may or may not be of help. You should have had an evaluation for other causes of rescurrent pregnancy loss. If you have not, please see the information I have provided on our web page, texasfertility.com. If there is an immune component to your miscarriages, low molecular weight Heparin may be a better treatment.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?