ICSI, 12 eggs, 3 fertilized...what are chances of transfer?
1 Replies
Sammers - May 29

Hello and thank you in advance for your help!
I am a 32yr with unexplained infertility. We are currently in our first cycle of IVF and had our egg retrieval yesterday. Of the 12 eggs retrieved, 11 were injected (our clinic does ICSI on everybody) and 3 were fertilized. They also mentioned some were unknown as far as fertilization. Question #1: What does that mean? Is it still possible that a few more will be fertilized at next check? Question #2: My clinic is planning on doing a day 4 transfer. Is it possible to have a blastocyst by day 4? Should I be requesting a day 5 transfer? With only three fertilized eggs, what are my chances of them surviving to the tranfer day of Monday? Thanks again, Sammers

B. Jacobs, M. D. - May 29

1. We do not have a designation as unknow as to fertilization. Either an egg is fertilized, or it is not.
2. On day 4, you may have a morula - the stage before blastocyst. I do not know how relaibly the program you are using can grow blastocysta. As far as the potential to embryo survival, there are too many variables for me to give you a meaningful answer. There are egg issues, sperm issues and lab issues.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?