Hysteroscopy
1 Replies
Tiffany F - June 30

Hi Dr Jacobs,

I had the hysteroscopy procedure done last week. My RE took several pictures, she said my tubes look fine. But she noticed the surface between my tubes dips down the surface is not flat the way it should be. She said that could be the reason for my m/cs, that it's making it hard for implantion! She said I would need to have another hysteroscopy and the laparoscopy done to correct the problem. Have you seen this before? Is that surface between the tubes usually where implantion occurs? Thanks in advance....Tiffany

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 30

There 3 possible reasons for the "dip". A slight dip is referred to as an arcuate uterus and is not really significant. A deep dip can be either a septate or bicurnuate uterus. A bicornuate uterus is characterized by 2 seperate uterine bodies. There is not a significan effect on achieving a pregnancy, but there is a smal increased probability of premature delivery and there is an increased risk of the need for Caesarian section for abnormal position of the baby in labor. We do not repair bicornuate uterus, any more. A septate uterus has a wall down the middle of the cavity. Risk of miscarriage is between 60% and 75%. Repair can be accomplished with a hysteroscope. First, the differentiation between bicornuate uterus and septate uterus must be determined. I do that with a laparoscope.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?