HPT day prior to beta
5 Replies
Asunflower - April 26

I did me retrieval on April 9th and had my transfer on the 14th. My pregnancy test is scheduled for tomorrow the 27th. Of course I cheated and did a HPT this morning. It was positive. Do you think that it is pretty accurate or should I not get my hopes up and wait for the blood test?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 26

Yes, the home pregnancy test detected hCG, the pregnancy hormone. Get the blood test, anyway. The blood test is quantitative, and you want to see the hormone level at least double in 48 hours.
Congratulations.

Asunflower - April 27

I got my beta today! It was positive! 201 was the level. But then when I got home I had some brownish spotting. I have heard about this but it was a little more than I expected. Should I be worried?

Barry Jacobs, M> D. - April 28

Brown spotting is not likely to signal a problem.
Congratulations!

Asunflower - April 28

Thanks for your support! You have been so helpful in asnwering so many questions. I have one more. I have 2 cats and have had them for about 7 years. Are there any specific precautions that I need to take? They are both indoor cats.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - April 28

I advise my patients NOT to change the litter. If your cats have NEVER been outside, it probably does not matter. I would rather err on the safe side, and avoid any risk of toxoplasmosis.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?