How long to wait
1 Replies
Mag - November 9

Dr. Jacobs....

I have PCOS and take Provera to induce my periods. The fiirst month I took Provera, it took all 10 pills and a few days to make my cycle start....last month I waited 40 days , I only took 3 Provera pills and my cycle started....a doctor told me that if I had just waited a bit longer I probably would've started on my own. This month was my first month on Clomid and I think I may have ovulated, but am not sure because my thermometer fell down the disposal....on CD 26 my temp was 96.8....I didn't temp again until CD 31 because I began to notice a clearwatery discharge and suspected fertile CM....my temp that day was about 97.4...within 5 days I had a temp increase of .6, therefore, I suspect ovulation? I am now on CD 37. How long should I wait for my period to show before I take Provera to start my cycle?

Thanks so much!

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 10

If you were to ovulate on Clomid, it would be about 7 days after your last Clomid pill. If you did not become pregnant, you would probably have a flow 2 weeks later. Your thermometer would not tell you you ovulated. Especially usiong Clomid, it is possible to go through all the hormonal changes of ovulation without releasing the egg. For more information, I invite you to see our web page at <www.texasfertility.com>.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?