HCG shot
11 Replies
caschere - November 2

My question is I put my HCG shot (ovidrel) October 18 and oocyte retrieval October 20. I had 3 day embryo transfer. I did a pg test today and it was positive, It could be because of HCG shot or not at this time. I know that I have to wait to my beta value and that has to double every 48 hs, but my first beta is next Nov 6.
I would like if you could tell me how long thas it take to eliminate HCG shot from my body.
Many thanks

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 3

The half life of hCG is about 36 hours. The hCG for the Ovidrel is gone by now.
CONGRATULATIONS!

caschere - November 7

My beta come yesterday 14dp3dt at 705. I know that it is a good starting but in my previous IVF in April I also got good beta number 305 14dp3dt and 48 hs later beta was 1200, however in the u/s it was a sac and embryo but not heartbeat, they said lost at 6 weeks. I am whith heparin for lupus anticoagulant antibodies, how do I know if this pregancy will progress or not?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 7

All you can do is wait.
Good luck.

caschere - November 10

Beta 14dp3dt 750, beta 16dp3dt 1780 and 18dp3dt beta 3450. The last number did not exactly double, could be a trouble?

Brianandjena - November 10

Caschere,
How are you feeling? keep us updates on how your numbers are and how your feeling. We are all here supporting you.
~Jena

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 11

There is a certain amount of variability in the assay from one day to the next - as much as 10%. I have no reason to tell you that there is a problem.
Good luck.

Brianandjena - November 14

B Jacobs M.D.
HI I had take clomid and then HCG trigger shot and iui i am suppose to take a preg test on the 19th and I so badly want to take it early. Will it be accurate or am I feeling the hcg shot and not real sypmtoms.
Thank you ~Jena

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 14

Pleaser wait until 2 weeks after your insemination.
Good luck.

Brianandjena - November 14

Jacobs M.D.
Thank you for responding, I will wait (even though I really dont want to . IM so anxious. I was wondering if you could tell me how long that shot (HCG) lasts in your body?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - November 14

The hal;f life of hCG is about 36 hours. If you took 10,000 units, 36 hours later, about 500 units would remain. In another 36 hours, it would be down to 2500 units, and so on.

Brianandjena - November 15

Thank you for that information.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?