HCG not doubling
4 Replies
Red - August 14

Good morning Dr. Jacobs! I know you receive this question all the time, but I need to inquire about my hcg level. Had a 3 day transfer (2 A, 8 cell embryos) on July 29. Just received a BFP on 8/10 (183). Unfortunately on 8/13, hcg was only 273. Nurse indicated could be tubal or vanishing twins. No bleeding and/or different symptoms than have had. thoughts? Thank you so much!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 14

Either is a possibility. I think that your level was probably high enough that you will likely have 1 survive.
Good luck.

Red - August 15

Thank you so much! I just wanted to express a sincere thank you to as I know you reply to every message that is posted here and we truly appreciate your assistance. Have a great day!

Red - August 15

Hi Dr. Jacobs! Just following up on the hcg numbers not doubling. Monday hcg 283, estro. 908, prog. 83.4; today - hcg 514, estro. 1,101, and prog. 76.2. How long before I would know if it is a vanishing twin or a tubal pregnancy? Thank you so much!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - August 16

Follow hCG levels for 3 or 4 assays every 48 hours. After the first few, the level will start to double again if you have a good pregnancy.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?