From BCP to Stims...
3 Replies
meridithhasfaith - May 16

Hi Dr. Jacobs

I noted that on another post you said you start patients on stims right after bcp which you call cd 3? I was wondering if you could elaborate answering the following questions, if you have time...

1. How long is your standard bcp regimen?
2. Do you allow time for mentruation to occur after stopping bcp?
3. If you do allow that, does that mean stims start on day 1 of menstruation?

I am very confused as to the timeline of an antagon cycle using bcp to start. Any info you could offer would be great. I am "starting bcp this week sometime, on cd1 and will be on them for 3 weeks max. Then, baseline, then stims." That was from my RE's nurse but I didn't get any info regarding the number of days elapsing between the events. (My fault, I should have asked.) Any idea?

Meridith

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 17

I start FSH on pill day 28, and call it cycle day 3, even if it is day 4 or 5. If I am using a standard protocol, I start Lupron on pill day 21. If I am working with a "poor responder", I use a microdose flare protocol, and start Lupron on "day 3" with the FSH. I do not use Anatgon. In our hands, we get better pregnancy rates with one of the Lupron protocols.
Good luck.

Jodi - May 17

Meredith,

I have done 2 IVF Antagon cycles and after a protocol of 21 days of bcp's the Re started stim medication immediately. I did get a period about 4 or 5 days after starting the stims. Both cycles they were pretty light periods which last about 3 days.

I hope this helps!

Jodi

meridithhasfaith - May 17

Thank you, Jodi...it helps a lot!

Take care
Meridith

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?