Follicle
1 Replies
LS2005 - July 27

I have been on birth control pills for 3 weeks. I had my pre-lupron ultrasound today. A 17mm follicle (cyst?) was seen. They said it was a follicle from my last cycle (it had old matter inside of it). At first, the nruse said this may delay things and I may need to stay on the pill for a while. But the doctor decided I could proceed. I start lupron tomorrow and it should go away with lupron. What do you think? What causes a follicle from the previous cycle to stick around? Do you think the lupron will most likely make it go away? It has to go away before I can start stimms..right? How common is this? What is a follicle vs cyst or are they the same thing?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - July 27

There is a certain incidense of "breakthrough ovulation" on birth control pills. I think that there is a better probability that you had follicle developement on your birth control pills. I do not wish to second guess your RE, but an alternative approach would be to delay your Lupron, and keeep you on birth control pills for another eweek, or so, until the "cyst" resolves.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?