Flare Protocol Question
3 Replies
meridithhasfaith - August 7

Hi Dr. Jacobs

I started Lupron this Saturday the 6th. (20 units in the morning) Today, the 7th I started my stims. Gonal-F in the AM and PM. I am going in for blood work only on the morning of Wednesday the 10th.
My question is, isn't that too early for a check since I will only be starting day 4 of stims when the blood is drawn? Do you know what they are going to be looking for and what levels are considered within the normal range for this time period?
Thank you for your time.

Meridith

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - August 8

I am assuming you are in the midst of an IVF cycle. It is important to determine the base line, and carefully monitor response. I evaluate my IVF patients closely.
Good luck.

meridithhasfaith - August 9

Doctor, I have a follow up question if you don't mind...I am indeed in the middle of a Lupron Flare cycle, last bcp was Wednesday, Aug. 3, 20 units of Lupron started on Saturday, Aug. 6 and Gonal-F and Lupron on Sunday, Aug. 7. Now, here it is Tuesday, Aug. 9 and my period started early this morning. It has been 6 days since the last bcp, and now, going into the 4th day of lupron and the 3rd day of stims and the period starts. Is this going to ruin the cycle? I thought by day 3 of stims, I should be building a lining, not shedding it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Meridith

barry Jacobs, M. D. - August 9

I am not familiar with the protocol you describe. It is normal to start a flow about pill day 24 to 26 of a pack, about 3 to 5 days after the last hormone pill in the pack.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?