First IVF failed
5 Replies
Lillys - February 14

Dear Dr.Jacob, my preg test results came negative, I am sad :( I have couple questions. I have only one Frozen egg which I am thinking of going for.

1Q. What are the success results of Frozen eggs?
2Q.I started my first IVF last month (Jan) and thinking of going for frozen after my next periods beginning of March. Is it too early to go for? Will there be more/less success rates going early?

Please guide me, thanks for your time

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 14

Pregnancy rates with froze nembryos are very facility dependent. I canno tell you what to expect for the facility you are using. We do have lower pregnancy rates if we trans fer a single embryo. You may wish to consider another stimulation and egg retrieval to try to create some more embryos.
Good luck.

Lillys - February 15

Dr.Jacob I would like to try the 1 frozen embryo first, is it okay to start right away after my periods? or do you suggest me to wait. Dr.Jacon I have a small Fibroid with size of 2.2 mm do you think that is the cause of the failure? Most of the Fibroid is in my anterior wall only small portion is in my utrus.

Thanks for your time

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - February 15

how soon you do your frozen embryo transfer depends on the protocol your clinic uses.
Good luck.

Jaki - March 16

Dear Lillys

Just to let you know I feel so hurt about my first IVF treatment - I thought It was so painful both emotionally & physically. I got a negative pregnancy test on the 11.03.06 and I dont think I have ever cried so much in my life. I feel so desparate and lonely. Only my left ovary had produced 5 follicles and 3 had fertilised. They put the best 2 back in and let the other perish. I dont feel as if I am strong enough to go through it again but if you are I fully recommend you go ahead. The clinic I went to felt like i was part of a production line and was far to busy to cope with the amount of people coming on a daily basis which resulted in 6 incidents during my treatment.

So Good luck and go for it.
Jakix

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - March 16

Unfortunately, too many fertility practices operate like factories. Infertilie couples really do need more attention than is commonly provided.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?