Fallopian Tube Blockage
8 Replies
CIN - September 30

I have done the dye test and have tube open, have done the lap-scopy and wz told by dr. that i had adhesions and cyst from clomid etc nxt planning surgery to unblock tube or tubes. hv had no sucess in concieving in yrs (no protection) is this repairable-tubes? from scaring? is there any advise or hope in getting preg? or should i just consider adoption? is there true hope if i have that surgery? can't afford IVF!
only 30yrs of age and frustrated

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - October 1

If you actually have tubal damage, trying to repair your tubes increases your risk of tubla pregnancy. If you actually have tubal damage, IVF is safer, more cost effective, and provides excellent pregnancy rates, in good institutions.
Good luck.

tiffanie - May 4

i had a lap done and both my tubes are blocked. i dont have any scarring or adhesions. My RE told me it was nothing that i did to cause this it just came along as i got older. i dont want to do IVF to expensive is there a surgery to unblock my tubes.

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 5

I do not have all the details about your tubal blockage, so I do not know if it would be practical to try to open your tubes. Must of the time when tubes are blocked, the tubes are damaged. Even if surgery to open them is successful, they are still damaged, and you are at risk for tubal pregnancy. In the long run, you are probably better served with IVF.
Good luck.

Angelia - May 12

I found that both of tubes are block. And me and husband was thinking about getting my tubes unblocked. My question is, if we decide to go through with IVF instead, will I be put to sleep, or can I be numbed waist down?

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - May 12

Unless the blockage of your tubes is within the uterine wall, you are likely to have damage of the tubal lining. That increases your risk of tubal pregnancy. You may be better served with IVF. In our program, our patients get heavy sedation for egg retrieval.
Good luck.

pressious1979 - June 16

i had the surgey to open tubes and it didnt do good, but i was told by my gyn that it all depends on the way you let your body heal. see i wasup moving around and tring to go to work. i hardley rested at all. so it could of been my fault they closed so soon. ivf is probably the most promising ay to get pregnant but who has that kind of money? im only 27 and im not ready to give up my female organs for ivf. had you heard about clear passages? thats what im leaning for.[quote author=tiffanie link=board=5;threadid=1415;start=0#18167 date=1146781602]
i had a lap done and both my tubes are blocked. i dont have any scarring or adhesions. My RE told me it was nothing that i did to cause this it just came along as i got older. i dont want to do IVF to expensive is there a surgery to unblock my tubes.
[/quote]

pressious1979 - June 16

girl i also done the hsg the laproscope, the surgey to open my tubes. and it worked for 2 months but then my tubes closed again. ivf is an anwser but a costly one. an at 27 i dont want to give up my tubes. check out clear passages. it doesnt cost as much as ivf, and its natural. no surgery or drugs. :P[quote author=CIN link=board=5;threadid=1415;start=0#9879 date=1128124533]
I have done the dye test and have tube open, have done the lap-scopy and wz told by dr. that i had adhesions and cyst from clomid etc nxt planning surgery to unblock tube or tubes. hv had no sucess in concieving in yrs (no protection) is this repairable-tubes? from scaring? is there any advise or hope in getting preg? or should i just consider adoption? is there true hope if i have that surgery? can't afford IVF!
only 30yrs of age and frustrated
[/quote]

B. Jacobs, M. D. - June 16

If your tubes are damaged, even if you could get them open, you are at risk for a tubal pregnancy. That is life threatening. If your tubes are damaged, they can only do you harm, not good. If your tubes are damaged, you need IVF.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?