failed implantation
3 Replies
lwalker25 - March 20

Hey Doc!

With a failed fresh cycle with 2 blast and a failed FET with 2 blast because of no implantation is that a sign something could be wrong? I have heard the average woman that it take 1 in 3 chances for sucess, is that true?

My first protocol was 3 vials of bravelle and on day 3 I added 1 vial of menopur. When I asked my nurse if the doc. was going to change my meds because of the failed implantation she said yes, now on IVF #2 I will be taking 2 vials of bravelle and I will start off with 1 vial of menopur instead of adding it on day 3. Does Menopur have an advantage over Bravelle?

Thanks!

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 20

Menopur is a combination of both FSH and LH. bRAVELLE IS JUST fsh. Most IVF programs do use some LH in their stimuolation protocols. We find we get better quality eggs and embryos if we use straight FSH.
Good luck.

lwalker25 - March 20

Hey!

With a failed fresh cycle with 2 blast and a failed FET with 2 blast because of no implantation is that a sign something could be wrong? I have heard the average woman that it take 1 in 3 chances for sucess, is that true?

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 21

I really have not seen any statistics to support the assertion that the avreage is 3 tries. It appears as though 80% of couples will achieve a pregnancy in 3 tries. Not all require 3 tries.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?