Failed embryo develop at 2PN
1 Replies
mani30 - March 19

Dr Jacob.Thank you for providing support to us.My Historsy is that I have had 8 miscarriages since Oct 2003. I have PCO's and trouble conceiving. The clinic I go to in Toronto has a doc who pioneers the study of miscarriages and I have had extensive testing done and all came negative. In Jan I started IVF iwth intent to do PGD. due to over stims ( estro went over 12000) we stopped at retrieval.18 rretrieved , 12 fertilized and frozen. I had my thaw day before yesterday, all thawed . Received a call yesterday and then today that cells have not grown beyond 2PN stage. the doc was flabbergasted as that was new thing that none of 12 shown growth. doc asked me for a revied in 2 weeks so that they can consult the lab director and some other clinics. Can you offer your input please. I am extremely stressed, depressed and everything... Thank you

B. Jacobs, M. D. - March 19

I have no way of knowing what happened to your fertilized eggs. We no longer freeze at that stage. Typically, we freeze on day 5 , the blastocyst. In the freeze thaw process, there is a potential for cell damage. You can loose about half the cells of a blastocyst, and still haev a viable embryo. That is obviosly not the case with a single fertilized egg.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?