Embryo Transfer
4 Replies
Nicole - March 18

I had an embryo transfer. On day 4 I started to spot. The next morning I was bleeding pretty heavaly. I am now at day 8 and still bleeding. At first I thought it was my period but it is very differnt from a period. The blood is thin and there are no clots and tissue and no odor. My doctors really dont know what it is or why this is happeing. I am not due for my pregancy test for another week. Do you have any idea what this could be or if it means it was an unseccusful cycle?

(I am taking Estrace twice a day and Prometrium three times a day vaginaly)

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Barry Jacobs, M> D. - March 18

I am sorry, but I do not know why you are having an unusual flow. You rown dostor, who can evaluate you would have a much better chance of making that determination.
Good luck.

Hollygrub - March 20

Hi Dr Jacobs,
I underwent IVF & ICSI (partners poor sperm motility)
I had a day 3 frozen embryo transfer last wednesday and was not prescribed any progesterone pessaries as I was after my first fresh transfer. I am wondering if these pessaries are ALWAYS prescibed after a transfer?

Look forward to hearing from you soon, Thanks

m2m - March 28

hi dr. jacobs,
5 mins after the embryo transfer.i hurriedly went to the toilet and make a pee. it is ok? i mean the 2 embryoes transferred at my uterus didn't bland in with the urine.
your reply will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Barry jacobs, M. D. - March 28

We really do not know if bed rest after embryo transfer is necessary, at all. I think most of us are having patients remain at bed rest 30 min after transfer. We may just be treating ourselves.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?