Early LH surge
1 Replies
RiverPrincess - November 8

Good Morning Dr. Jacobs,

I seem to be getting early LH surges the past few cycles. Last cycle I had postive OPK on CD8&9 and O'd on CD 10 (based on OPK and temp rise). This cycle I had a postive OPK on CD7 and I *think* I O'd CD8 (no significant temp rise yet - currently CD9).

Anyway ...I am scheduled for an ultrasound this Thursday to check progress of any follicles. Based on that the RE will decide if I should trigger and attempt an IUI or not (unmedicated due to 3 cycsts from Clomid). So my question is this...if I already had an LH surge, what would happen to the eggs if they were not mature enough yet? Would they release? If not, can I use a trigger shot and still try the IUI?

Is there anything I should be asking my RE about regarding the early LH surges? Can anything be done about that?

Thanks.

Kim

Barry Jacobs, M. D. - November 9

Based on our observations with IVF, giving hCG, the surrogate for the LH surge, before cycle dat 10, we find a disproportionately high percentage of immature eggs when we retrieve them. In addition to triggering ovulation (most of the time), LH allows an egg, which is readt, to finish the maturation process. Finally, when we use FSH products to stimulate ovaries, and give hCG to trigger ovulation, follicles which have not grown enough turn into cysts. That may be happening to you with your early LH surge.
Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?